128 NW Eleventh NW Ave
The playwrights are in town; rehearsals and revision begin on Monday, July 16th.
All staged readings on the Big Weekend will be interpreted.
A Playwright Festival
FREE and open to the public. No reservations needed!
The Big Weekend
The JAW Big Weekend features public readings of the four new works selected by the JAW reading committee, presented at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, July 28 and 29. Kicking off the festivities, Friday, July 27 at 8 p.m., is the work of this year’s Promising Playwrights.
All of the staged readings will be interpreted
Friday, July 27
- Promising Playwrights Kickoff Event 8 p.m. | Ellyn Bye Studio
Saturday July 28
- three girls never learnt the way home by Matthew Paul Olmos 4 p.m.
- The Tasters by Meghan Brown 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 29
- Pick a Color by Emily Feldman 4 p.m.
- The Birds of Empathy by Clarence Coo 8 p.m.
More information is available about these plays at
Performing Arts Interpreting Alliance's page in Facebook (paiaPDX)
Portland Center Stage's JAW webpage